Location: Neal S Blaisdell Exhibition Hall, Hawaii Suite
Bookings are closed for this event.
**Information below is specific to The Hawaii Event**
This class will focus on the intricacies of becoming a bud tender and the art of growing.
There will be three highly skilled, very well known cannabis professionals teaching the class.
The founder of CCI Robert F. Calkin will be on hand to host and assist the training.
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion in Budtending, Cultivation, or Cannabis Business Management.
Attendees are free to come both days but it is not necessary to receive the certificate
**Syllabus below will NOT Apply to Hawaii Event**
CCI has been educating students about all aspects of the burgeoning Cannabis industry since 2008 and have trained nearly 10,000 students about the opportunities in this industry! Our full-day sessions will provide our students with a broad understanding of all aspects of participating in what is being call the “Green Rush”. CCI class attendees leave with a solid understanding of the opportunities and even the obstacles of getting started and staying compliant. We encourage questions from our students! During our session we’ll be covering:What we will be covering:
- Getting started in the cannabis industry
- Is this industry right for you?
- State laws, requirements, and your first steps
- How to obtain a state I.D. card and become a state registered healthcare provider
- Networking in the cannabis community
- Jobs in the cannabis industry—what employers want and how to stand out in a competitive environment
- Creating Your Business Plan
- How other cannabis friendly states operate
- Unincorporated Associations and Non-Profit Mutual Benefit Corps
- Choosing an Attorney and an Accountant: what to ask and what to look for
- Getting Your Business License and Permits
- Websites, Marketing Materials and Advertising
- Insurance and Supply
- General Business Practices
- Choosing a Location for your Dispensary
- Zoning, Moratoriums, Bans, Ordinances and Law Enforcement Encounters
- Budgets for Dispensary, Delivery, Grow-Op/Edibles Op
- Marketing and Business Strategies: Print, Online, Guerrilla, Organic and Social Media
- Branding Yourself: What it means and how to do it
- Price Points and Merchant Accounts
- Banking and Advertising
- Monitoring From Seed To Sale: Testing and Laboratories